Friday, May 22, 2009

A tribute to Pulp Fiction.

I just love the movie Pulp Fiction. Refer to my other article, about my obsession with this movie. Here I present a few lines/passages from this movie, which make it the best movie that was ever made. If you have time to reach till here, then you definitely should have time to go over these lines now. Read the lines and you will know what I mean. The movie is a serious movie, with lot of violence and some serious cussing, but you need to read these lines to see the comedy trapped in that seriousness. With enthralling performances by an exciting starcast, I present to you PULP FICTION. Directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Quentin Tarantino as (Jimmie), maa maaan Samuel L Jackson (Jules), the sexy Uma Thurman (Mia), John Trovolta (vincent), Tim Roth (Pumpkin), funny Amanda Plummer (Honey-Bunny/Yolanda), Maria de Medeiros ( Fabienne/Mongaloid), Rosanna Arquette (Jody), Harvey Kietel (The Wolf) , Bruce Willis (Butch) and Ving Rhames (Marsellus Wallace).

Starts with the definition of Pulp Fiction. make whatever sense out of it.

pulp /'p&lp/ n. 1. A soft, moist, shapeless mass of matter.
2. A magazine or book containing lurid subject matter and being characteristically printed on rough, unfinished paper.


I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that.

What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
What country are you from? "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What? English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!
Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart motherfucker.
But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead nigger in my garage.
When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said Dead Nigger Storage?
I'm Winston Wolfe. I solve problems.
That was pretty fucking trippy... heaaghhhh..haaahhaaahhaaa..
How about you, Lash LaRue? You think you can keep your spurs from jinglin' and janglin'?

Butch: What now?
Marsellus: What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.
Butch: I meant what now between me and you?
Marsellus: Oh, that what now. I tell you what now between me and you. There is no me and you. Not no more.


Pumpkin: Garçon! Coffee!
Waitress: 'Garçon' means boy.

Jules:Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers accidentally get shot.

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Jules:IN FACT, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOIN' IN THE BACK? YOU'RE THE MOTHERFUCKER WHO SHOULD BE ON BRAIN DETAIL! We're fuckin' switchin'! I'm washin' the windows, and you're pickin' up this nigger's skull!

Jules: Does he look like a bitch?Then why you try to fuck him like a bitch, Brett? And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

Butch:So we cool?

Butch: Starin' at something, friend?
Vincent: I ain't your friend, palooka.
Butch: What did you say?
Vincent: I think you heard me just fine, punchy.
Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.
Butch: I think I cracked a rib.
Fabienne: Giving me oral pleasure?
Butch: No, retard, from the fight.

Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It's a chopper, baby.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
Butch: It's Zed's.
Fabienne: Who's Zed?
Butch: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Esmeralda: What is your name?
Butch: Butch.
Esmeralda: What does it mean?
Butch: I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean shit.

Jules: I don't wanna hear about no motherfuckin' ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill them niggers out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.
Marsellus: You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill them niggers out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.

The Wolf :If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Jimmie: I can't believe this is the same car.
The Wolf: Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

Jules: It's the one that says Bad Motherfucker

Jules: Fuck, nigga, what the fuck did you do to his towel?
Jules: I used the same fuckin' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no goddamn Maxi-Pad!

Jules :If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

Vincent:Do you wanna continue this theological discussion in the car, or at the jailhouse with the cops?

Butch: Did you bring the watch?
Fabienne: I believe so.
Butch: You *believe* so? You *believe* so? What the fuck does that mean? You either did, or you didn't!

Lance: If you're all right, then say something.
Mia: Something.

Mia: I have to go powder my nose.

Butch: How was your breakfast?
Fabienne: It was good...
Butch: Did you get the pancakes, the blueberry pancakes?
Fabienne: No, no, they didn't have blueberry pancakes, I had to get buttermilk -

Jules: Mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Vincent: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go home and have a heart attack.

Mia :Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up.

Butch: I'll be back before you can say Blueberry pie.
Fabienne: Blueberry pie.
Butch: Okay, maybe not that fast. But pretty fast, alright?

Butch: You want me to have a pot?
Fabienne: No. Pot bellies make a man look either oafish, or like a gorilla. But on a woman, a pot belly is very sexy. The rest of you is normal. Normal face, normal legs, normal hips, normal ass, but with a big, perfectly round pot belly. If I had one, I'd wear a tee-shirt two sizes too small to accentuate it.
Butch: You think guys would find that attractive?
Fabienne: I don't give a damn what men find attractive. It's unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same.

Jules: Bitch, be cool!


Hehe.. More to add soon, add up if you feel anything cool is missing !!! and ya 'I don't smile for pictures'. 'Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character'.
and 'You won't know the facts until you've seen the fiction'. So go see it if you haven't yet !!!!

No comments: